Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kitchen Floor

For the kitchen floor, I decided to use a 12x12 vinyl flooring tile.  I cut the tile (with my x-acto knife and a metal ruler) into 1.5" squares.  I then laid the floor tiles, with some Tacky Glue, onto a piece of poster board that had been cut to fit the floor layout.  I added some guidelines onto the poster board before gluing the tile, which definitely helped.  Let's just say my eye-balling technique had proven to be a failure, and I had a couple of practice sheets before this final one.

Here are the results (note: I have to figure out how to add 'grout'.  I have seen spackle recommended as a good grout substitute; I may try that):





I also put in the bathroom floor. I had tried several different things, including using a vinyl tile that looked like carrera marble. In the end, I end up with the octagon tile sheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment