Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's looking more finished now! I am cheating though, and working on the inside before I finish the outside completely. I will probably shingle the roof when the weather gets warmer, and I can dye them outdoors. I bought the  Real Good Toys shingle dye.   I bought both the grey and red dye, as I wasn't sure which would look best with the dark brown siding on the house.

Here's where we are so far...

Not sure about paint scheme for the trim.  All the windows but the two which are all white, had a clear delineation which allowed me to easily paint the turquoise vs white.  But those two are kind of all-one-piece.  And, I'm thinking maybe there's too much turquoise happening - any thoughts?




Can't figure out what glue to use to get those lights to stick.  Tried liquid nails, but as you can see, not working so well! Also plan to paint the bench and make some more colorful cushions. And of course, the porch is MIA.  I'll get to that soon I hope....



Placed the stairs in to see what they look like.



 Overall shot of interior, without floors.  All the paper which is installed so far is from Itsy Bitsy Mini.  I think I made a mistake with the living room paper.  It has such a tiny pattern, in such a pale color, you can't really see it. I was going for subtle but overshot.  I think that for me, picking a pattern which is louder than what I normally would like in real life, looks good to my human-size eye, when it is created in miniature.

I think I will use some plan cardstock for the bedroom and bathroom (unpapered as of yet). I had bought some toile for the bathroom and another flowered pattern for the bedroom but am thinking it might be too busy.

I also worked on my ELF Miniatures kitchen kit a bit more this weekend.  It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be - just time consuming.  I have finished all the drawers, and started paneling the ends of the cabinets.  I will need to finish off all the paneling and then I can paint the bases.





For the bathroom, I have cut the vinyl tile into tile-size pieces and will lay them and then 'grout' them with some caulk:



The custom vanity above was created by Bruce Dawson, who has a store on Etsy.  I plan on painting it, and then waxing the cherry top.  I need to pick some faucets out.

Finally, some shots of the flooring that took me foreeeever to finish ......



And, that's the update for now! good night! I would be logging out and watching the Oscars, but our Dish is in transition.... so instead I will catch up on all the old tv episodes which are sitting on the DVR.


No comments:

Post a Comment